Thursday, May 24, 2007

SUMMERTIME

I can't believe it... it's all over... another school year has come and gone. It was just yesterday that we put Nicholas on the bus as a Kindergartener HOPING he would come back on the correct bus. He did! And now he's excited as ever to go all-day and eat in the cafeteria. He graduated with honors! His teacher even commented, "I believe that Nicholas doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He is kind to everyone and he is everyone's friend."



Benjamin was chosen as 1 of the 5 to represent his class in the spelling bee.





He did wonderful - except when it came to an easy word... exercise. He began to spell it - E X E R - and then he paused. That was his mistake, the pause! You could see his mind spinning, thinking. I wanted to stand up at that moment and yell "NO BEN. DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!" Then he continued - S I Z E. The crowd clapped for him and he sat down. Until next year... watch out!





The tomatoes are in full bloom and we have been enjoying BLTs, turkey sandwiches, salads and anything else that you can put a tomato on. You can see the stash behind Nicholas here. The green beans were "nitrate" deprived and are coming alive once again. I do love fresh veggies!






Zachary finished 2nd grade with many honors also. Surprisingly enough, he got his glasses two days ago and can see now!

Summer begins - swim team, swim team and more swim team!

No comments: