Thursday, June 04, 2009

Awards, awards and more awards

Emma and I have had a busy week. It all started last week when Emma graduated from preschool. Next year she will be doing preschool over again, but we are going to call it pre-K. That just sounds much more important. She had a GREAT time with her friends. We started out with six children, but one moved to UT and another boy was quite a bit older and went off to "other opportunities" at Christmastime.


At the end of last week, Zachary had his Awards for 4th Grade. He received 3 of the 4 medals that are given for the TAKS testing (Texas Academic... something or other). He missed the 4th medal by 1 point. He also received the Math Magician Award.



This week started out with an Awards ceremony for Christopher on Monday. Christopher also brought home the Math Magician Award. I think he also brought home the BIGGEST smile too in his Kindergarten Class.



Nicholas did not surprise anyone... he came home with the Awesome Athlete Award in 2nd grade!




And Benjamin closed the doors on his Elementary Days at Pink Elementary. Off to Griffin Middle School in the Fall. He's very excited! He is registered for two advanced classes (one in Math and the other in Language). He was able to receive all 4 of the TAKS (Texas Assessment... or something like that) Awards (reading, math, science, writing).





Just a side note regarding Ben: He received the Ravenous Reader Award for his love of books. He really read lots of books, so many that he didn't do his homework for a week and his book priviledge was taken away. Someday he'll tell us the complete story!

All the brothers received Honor Awards (As) for their performance during the year. Glenn and I sure have a lot to be thankful for. We have hard-working, fun-loving, handsome-looking sons! And they sure are NICE too! Great job Boys!

6 comments:

Madge said...

I sure do AGREE!!!!!!

Melanie said...

That's awesome!

Cati said...

Fun and exciting days for all the Thomas kids! Well done!

The Mechlings said...

boy, i have been out of blogger world for a while and WOW did I miss a lot of Thomas happenings in May!! You are a very diligent blogger and I love reading about what you guys are up to!

amy said...

Way to go boys!! And way to go Cindy! So much of their success is because of you (at least that's what I tell myself).

Carroll Family said...

AWESOME job, guys!!!