Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Trot Frisco Style


The Thomas Family has this tradition from their Mesa Days Of Yor - unless you have a good excuse, all Thomas' should be on the starting line at 9am Thanksgiving morning to run the Mesa 10K Turkey Trot! While we won't make it for Thanksgiving Dinner, we will be heading to Mesa for The Thomas Family Reunion this summer.

I did not sleep-in, I did my 8-miler with one of my best running buddies at 6am. We were home by 7:30 and I took Glenn, Ben and Nick to downtown Frisco to join in on Frisco's Inaugural Turkey Trot 5K run. (I know, I know - it's not the traditional 10K like in Mesa, but we did our best.) The times were as follows - Ben with a 22:41 and Nick with a 22:54. (Glenn stuck with Nick.)

If for some reason we are in Frisco again for Thanksgiving 2012 Glenn has hopes to WIN this race! Go Go Glenn!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

2 comments:

Carroll Family said...

I say you hit the Mesa one in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent T said...

Good job! We missed you this year!