Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nick Does It Again

Nick met-up with some stiff competition this week at the Empire Gymnastics Invitational.

This time, he and Glenn went down to Euless TX. Zach went along too; it's only about a 40 minute drive. With Ben just getting his appendix out earlier this week, we felt it best that Mom stays home. (I was up at 5 to run a 20-miler with Debbie and I'm happy to say we did GREAT! It may have been challenging to get up and down the bleachers at the invitational anyway!)


There were only 25 boys ages 6 to 7 in his age level. He received 2nd place in the All-Around (88.2). Nick received 3rd in the floor exercise (tie-14.6). Pommel horse 2nd (14.2). Rings 1st (15.4). Vault 1st (14.9). Parallel bars 2nd (14.7). High Bar 5th (14.4). Eagle Gymnastics brought home 2nd place in the Level 4 bracket.


He now has a one week break... back to practice, practice, practice... something that Nick really enjoys!

3 comments:

Carroll Family said...

That is really amazing!!! I can't believe it! That is so awesome! Tell us if he happens to have to do a competition here.....

Madge said...

Yeah Nick!!

Jennifer said...

WOW!!! I don't know who to say congrats to more, Nick for his amazing gymnastics accomplishments, or Cindy for running 20 miles! =) (I still remember you running laps around the old BYU football practice field...look at you now! You go, girl!)